



OK...wow, it's been a while since blogging. That is to be expected with me as I have never been one to journal. Anyway, Tony and I have been back from good ol' AZ for about 1.5 weeks now. As always, we had so much fun which made it hard to come back! I didn't think I felt so crappy throughout the first trimester until I entered the second. All of a sudden I felt like a new woman one morning and have felt great since. Thank goodness it happened right before the trip. I still rack out on the couch every night though
While in AZ we received our second baby gift from Aunty Tara. For those of you who don't know, starting February 2009 will be THE YEAR OF TARA. This became known about 2 years ago when T sent out an email declaring the year as her own being that she will be turning 30 in March and she will be graduating from Law school in MAY...YAY T!! Well, that email stated there are to be no weddings and pregnancy's during this time if possible. OOPS! Of course, baby to be born in MAY!
With that said, T has decided that she and the baby will be bonded by the year 2009, so she gave us a bib and some mugs with a picture of her and the words "I was born in the year of (Aunty) Tara!" Picture is posted! Now that we know the baby is a girl. We think she and Tara are going to be first born buds!
Yeah, so on Monday morning we found out the baby is a girl. I think Tony and I both were kind of thinking boy throughout the past few months. The Chinese Calendar said Boy, friends and family were having dreams of boys, etc. However, the weekend before finding out, I was at a Christmas party where all the girls layed me down and conducted the Ring Test and the Pencil Test to see what the sex would be! Both results were GIRL. One test said our second would be BOY. We shall see!!! Wives tales...get the best of you!
The ultra sound was so neat! As the tech was taking measurements, I was amazed at how the baby has changed since that peanut ultrasound during week 9. We could see the brain, the femur and humurus bones, the eyes, the spinal cord, the heart pumping, the umbilical cord and of course the three lines that mean GIRL!! I asked Tone what he thought of the baby's growth and all he said is that the whole time he was trying to find the wiener! It wasn't until the end of the ultrasound that the Tech told us we're having a girl. She's 99% sure of it! Needless to say, Tony is a little nervous. He keeps saying he has no idea what to do with girls, and he's already nervous for those teenage years. "Poor Gary!" is all he can say! My college friend Mo advised Tone to start practicing his pigtails!! Ha...Our Tone is having a little princess!! He's going to be outnumbered in the house 3-1! The ultrasound Pic is posted...it looks like she posed for the camera!
So now we know! I guess we can start betting size and due date!
Next doc appt. is after the new year. Pics of the belly are coming...in the meantime Happy Holidays!

2 comments:
Glad to hear you're feeling better...now the nesting begins! Tony, you are in for a treat! No need to fear the unknown...your heart will melt like you can't imagine.
Things will never be the same and you'll wonder how your life would have been without this little blessing!
I suppose it requires special training to read that baby photo. Three lines? Femur? Huh? I'll take your word for it that everything's what you say it is. :-) It was so great to see you guys! Miss you!
Post a Comment