Tuesday, May 3, 2011

My Easter Blessing...

It has been a blast bringing the magic back in celebrations.  I'm not sure when Darby will start having those first memories?  Every time we get on the bike, or play in the dirt, or even sing our bedtime songs, I wonder, at that moment, how that little mind is cataloging her experiences?  Hopefully with fondness...
Anyway, maybe Easter 2011 will be one of her first childhood memories?  She sure was involved, interested, and animated with the Holiday's events.
We shall see...10 or so years from now..

Diving into the chocolate in her eggs...

The Easter Bunny went a little crazy :)
Dyeing Easter Eggs...kind of...
Favorite "Cheeeeese" picture EVER!


ON TO OTHER EASTER THINGS...
This is Sadie the Citrus Dog.  She can smell an orange being peeled a mile away.  She will even wake up from a dead sleep when she gets that first smell.  Well, Easter Eve I discovered she does not discriminate.  She'll drool over lemons as well.  Weird dog.


Sadie literally drooled the whole time I was preparing the dish...notice the wet paper towel.  Crazy girl!

AND...
Let's not forget Easter Brunch.  Once again, an excuse to try anew recipe...love it!

I started the morning by cooking a Potato, chives, and goat cheese frittata!


My favorite was the Mint Asparagus...mmmmm!  Darby's too...


Lastly, I tried this lemon lavender cake recipe cooked within a lemon - Super moist, nice to look at, and pretty tasty.


GG made her famous potato salad...super mmmmmmm.



In conclusion...

Once again...Darbs with some stylin' shoes...

My little blessing...







5 comments:

Tara said...

It was fun having you and the munchkin around for Easter. Your asparagus, fritatta, and lavender lemon cakes were delicious! If only I could take a cue. Mom doesn't even ask me to bring food anymore. Love you, sis. :-)

Karla and Edmond Long said...

Precious!! Darby has already grown up so much!! We sure do miss y'all!

MoB said...

gma! you MUST send me the lemon lavender cake recipe. you MUST! wish i could've met little darbs

Molly Marisa said...

what a doll!! the little rake with the easter basket is adorable!

Karla and Edmond Long said...

So glad you'll be here for the homecoming!! If you have time (before they get home for sure), let's get together!!! We would love to see you.