Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Let's Not Forget...

It was a sad day for our country last weekend.  My heart skipped a beat when I heard the news Saturday morning of a helicopter crash in Afghanistan.  31 killed.  Meaning it was a big helicopter, like Tony's. 

With my relief came heartache for the many spouses who weren't spared that knock at the door. 

Let's not forget that Freedom is DEFINITELY not free. 

The Navy Seals have been getting a lot of attention throughout this tragedy (as they should).  But what about the others on the helicopter who made the ultimate sacrifice? 
This little boy wants to know - Pilot's Son

Darbs and I get to fly to Hawaii next week for the long awaited HOMECOMING.  Super exciting while at the same time a little bittersweet. 

1 comment:

Kristin said...

So happy to hear that Tony is safe. The sacrifice he and your family makes is truly amazing! And I love keeping up with you all on your blog. :)