Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Fat Tuesday-ness

This is what dinner looks like when Tony is gone and Darby is fast asleep...
Tony's in San Diego, so the menu tonight looks to have a fruit/berry theme...I just noticed...ha!  Cravings I suppose?

Happy Fat Tuesday!!  Darbs and I "partied" it up at the library...beads, jumbalaya, King Cake and all.  She was totally into it.  Girlfriend likes to have a good time with her friends.  Who can blame her?




So, 40 days until Easter... 

No TV in this house.  This "Lent" experience is a first in our household, as we usually go about our daily lives without actually sitting down, discussing, and/or recognizing the significance of it all.  We're ready for some changes.  We want to be better. 
I have a feeling that pile of magazines on my night stand will disappear and I may actually get to reading some of those books on my Kindle?  I will learn to sew on my new sewing machine and there is even a possibility I will conquer that mess of an office.

Football season is over.  American Idol, The Voice, Office, and Parenthood can be recorded.  That's pretty much it...   

I think cutting off some of our ties to technology can open up all kinds of doors we don't even know exist.  Baby steps.  Darby probably won't notice a difference, but I have a feeling Tony and I will benefit greatly.  More focus, more conversation, more sleep, quality family time???  Summary to come in 40 days :) 

I know one thing for sure...more blogging is in my future.

Signing off for now.  One last Parenthood to watch before April!  

Cheers!   

      




1 comment:

Karla and Edmond Long said...

Girl...I am so impressed! I was just trying to decide what we may do during this time. Hmmm....