So, I was sitting on the couch this evening playing with our precious Darby and thought to myself, "I REALLY need to start writing down these thoughts that are sprinting through my head." Darby is FASCINATING...that's the word that comes to mind off of the top of my head.
Now, I'll be the first to admit that I used to think of newborns as blah...wrinkled up little babies that just sleep, eat, and poop. Ha...I was soooooooooo wrong. Darby is miss personality...that is for sure!
Darby is 11 weeks tomorrow and I would have to say that her milestone of the month has to do with hand, feet and eye coordination. Forget all the fancy toys we got from our shower...she is lovin' her hands and feet. I'll venture to say that she spends all of her waking hours either staring up at the moving fan or staring at her hands and feet. She can't get enough of the world she now lives in. Grabbing at my shirt with some intentional control and focus is pretty exciting! Oh...the little things!!!
This brings me to another thought...I TOTALLY know how the movie Benjamin Button came about. I swear there are times when my Darbster looks like a cute old man. When she poochettos...and those little ears that stick out...yeah....just a thought.
As much as I look forward to certain Darby milestones, in the back of my mind I don't want her to grow any faster. Can't she just stay the way she is right now until I'm ready? Those curious, alert eyes. Her innocent smile, soft skin, feathery hair. That smell of youth...and those 10 tiny fingers and toes. One can see how new and spectacular the world is through her eyes.
She's my little munchkin and Daddy's little chicken mcnugget.

1 comment:
This is beautiful, Brittany! It brought a tear to my eye. What a precious little girl!
Post a Comment