

Books on CD...the best invention EVER! I never thought it would be so hard to get the time to sit down and read a good book. After putting Darby down, it's mommy time - but that usually includes cleaning or catching up on online "work" - Maybe taking in some Reality TV...a guilty pleasure for Tone and myself. Most of the time I'm just too tired to do anything, so Darby and I go to bed together.
I finally went to the library on base (when Tone was still here), and decided to pick out a couple of cd's to listen to while I go here and there around the island. It's been two weeks and I've finished The English Patient, and Memoirs of a Geisha. Even better is that the Darbster LOVES the soothing voices of the readers...GENIUS!!!
Loved both the books by the way. I just wish the sisters in Memoirs of a Geisha would have been reunited by the powers that be...hmmm???? The English Patient was so well written. It never ceases to amaze me how good some are with words...poetic! I'll probably go online to read commentary and thoughts on the stories...create my own book club I suppose.
Your thoughts???

1 comment:
How did I miss this posting? Must have been moving...I keep track of your blog on Google Reader. Anyway, I loved The English Patient, both the book and movie...You've got great taste, sis, and so, apparently, does Darby!
Post a Comment