
It's been 8 weeks since Daddy left for Afghanistan. Darby has gained 2 pounds (now 13.6 lbs), football season has begun (Boise State 2-0) as well as the new season of Office (as of tonight). My first trip to AZ has come and gone, and Amber's visit to Hawaii ended this evening. In fact, she's somewhere over the Pacific as we speak. Technically, it's been a month since I've had any alone time to think about how much I'm missing Tone. It hasn't been the same watching our Alma mater without my best friend nor was it as fun to laugh at The Office without Tone controlling the remote from his big chair.
Driving home from the airport, I couldn't help but get a little sad. However, the minute I pulled into the carport, Saiders was greeting me with her full body wag, and the Darbster reminded me that she was very hungry and tired... Never a dull moment :)
It was a bath night for Darbs (being we spent all day at the beach with Auntie A), which is always an adventure that she's starting to really enjoy as of Arizona. Once we got the jammies on we sat in the rocker and began reading some Dr. Seuss. Saider's was laying at my feet chewing on her new toy, and Darby was sitting on my lap trying hard to turn the pages of the book herself with so much focus. These simple routines are our adventures that bring smiles to my face everyday...really, how lucky am I to have my girls???
These past 8 weeks have brought many "firsts" for Darby. It's sad thinking about how much Tony is missing, but with technology I'm able to get some of those special firsts on camera and there are plenty more "firsts" to come for Daddy to enjoy. I'm proud of my Marine and I wouldn't have it any other way.
The first time Darby starting hugging her Daddy Doll and chewing on his head...Tonight! Thanks Tone for calming her down on multiple occasions now :) We love and miss you!!!

1 comment:
I love reading your blog and I love seeing pictures of Darby!
Post a Comment