Friday, April 9, 2010

5 Years!




Whoa! As Tony says "5 years is a long time to be married!" We're experts aren't we Tone? Let's see...4 moves, 4 different houses, 3 different states, 2 deployments, a Sadie puppy, and one little Darby later...here we stand! We've had our fair share of ups and downs for sure, but we wouldn't be where we are today if it weren't for life's little curveballs (so cliche, I know). I'm by no means a poet, and I have never been one to journal, let alone get all lovey-dovey with words; but, as I type away this evening, Brad Paisley's "Then" comes to mind:

And now you're my whole life
now you're my whole world
I just can't believe the way I feel about you
Like a river meets the sea,
stronger than it's ever been.
We've come so far since that day
And I thought I loved you then

So true!! 

Today was a fantastic day spent with the Darbs as Tony is in Yuma working his tail off at WTI!  We've got a lot of celebrating to do end of May and a 5 year old bottle of wine waiting for us courtesy of Amy Wirshing.  (A fantastic wedding gift I might add.)  My mouth is watering as I think about taking that first sip.

The past 5 years have been fantastic!!  I've had a blast going through our old wedding pics remembering what was one of the best days in my life!

Here's a little cyber cheers to 5 years Tone!  See you in May when we can really celebrate! 

Oh, and one more closing thought...The Darbs started to REALLY walk this afternoon.  I looked up from the kitchen and there she was cruising towards me from the living room.  Happy anni to us!!!  I'll always remember the day she started "walking".
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Molly Marisa said...

special!!!! darby obviously likes to put on a show! happy anniversary!