Monday, February 14, 2011

Lt. Dan Band...and Some...


Just a thank you to some great friends for making Friday night so fun!  It was a much needed distraction from the moving "to do" list among other things...

Gary Sinise and his Lt. Dan Band came to K-Bay for the annual free concert. 


I can always count on Roz and Nubia!  They were right there with me crying when the band started playing Lee Greenwood's  "Proud to Be an American."  and Journey's "Don't Stop Believing"...Tone's favorite.  You were definitely in our thoughts Tone! 

AKA "The Bob Hope of today's generation."  Thank you Gary Sinise for caring so much about the troops and their families!


 Now back to Darby...
I was a good mom today...making sure she drank her water at Brady's birthday party...

I was a BAD mom today when I let her dive into the Red Velvet cupcakes and Pizza.  She didn't touch the fruit cup??? That cupcake was AMAZING I must add...

I guess I was a GOOD mom by letting her stay way past "nap" time to play with the bubble machine??? 

I was bad when I bribed Darby with 5 M&M's so she would get in her carseat...
I was bad when I turned on PBS Kids so she would actually be still enough to eat something of nutritional value.
I was a VERY BAD mom when I said "SH%T" over spilled V8...this was the first time she's repeated one of my cuss words.

I was good when I swaddled her "baby" 18 times today.  With her lion blanket.  So that the mane was the "hat".
I was a good mom when I sat down to do "maukers" (markers) with her for 5 minute increments throughout the day.
I was a good mom when I administered her multi vitamin, vitamin D and her Calcium Mag.

The list can go on and on but I won't bore you.  This is my therapy I suppose...
Reminding me that the candy and the lack of schedule is OK, because when I put her to bed at night she knows that I love her to the "stars and back" - Or as Darby says, "jibberish STARS jibberish".  Melts my heart!

2 comments:

Tara said...

Looks like fun! You look great! And Darby - precious, as usual. I'm going to have to work on my potty mouth before you guys get here - prison litigation makes it tough. ;-) Can't wait to see you!!

Molly Marisa said...

You are such a good mommy! Darby is getting to be such a little kid! She is a doll Brit!