OK...today was the first visit to the Tripler Hospital. Tony was able to meet me there, which was cool, since he may not be able to make the next appointment.
It turned out to be an uneventful morning. I had to pick a lot of numbers and wait for them to be called, however, the system pushed me through in good time. You have to remember that this is an Army Hospital and there are a lot of pregnant mama's in the military...it's the age I suppose???
Basically, today's visit was mostly a consultation with a nurse setting me up for what is to come. Tony and I had a chance to ask any questions, and the nurse hooked me up with a free science and pregnancy book (that they don't normally give out). She could tell I was a reader :)
The real excitement was at the lab. I had to get blood drawn for every known test imaginable. Of course, I didn't have time to eat or drink much this morning...wasn't thinking. They were training a new lab tech, so it started by them having to fix the tournaquet a couple of times since my hand was falling asleep. As they were drawing blood, I could hear things dropping and the teacher saying "no, do this", "here, let me show you"...etc. I'm pretty sure it was taking longer than normal.
After about what felt like 5 minutes, blood was rushing out of my head. I guess I turned white, so they started calling for ice bags, put my head back and then forward, until the blood came rushing back. I was sweating pretty bad, so they let me go lay down and called for Tone to come wait by me.
Yah...I was "that girl" in the lab. You see...this was a lab with 5 different techs working on 5 different patients, all in the same room. Everyone else was just fine and dandy...ughh!!! I should have eaten more...who said I had to fast???
That concludes day one at Tripler. Tony had to go back to work so we grabbed some food and went our separate ways.
Oh yeah, I've gained two pounds already. Either you're puking your guts out and actually losing weight at this stage, or you feel like a big bloated blob. I'd much rather feel like a big bloated blob. You can call me Bloated Britt...I'll post a picture this weekend.
Bye for now.
